A healthy eye is fundamental to a healthy life. Eyes are essential to body organs that facilitate most activities of the human body. It is, therefore, imperative that you take care of your eyes. One way of doing this is by eating right and avoiding foods or habits that can adversely affect your vision. Choose meals with high nutritional contents, especially those rich in antioxidant properties. Research has shown that antioxidants play a major role in combating harmful eye infections and diseases.
What are Antioxidants?
Antioxidants are substance that reduces the damage of oxidation in organisms. Oxidation is a chemical reaction that produces free radicals, a waste substance that harms cells and body in general. Free radicals have been associated with heart, liver and eye diseases. There are basically two types of antioxidants, endogenous and exogenous antibiotics. While endogenous antioxidants are produced in the human body, exogenous antibodies are gotten from outside the body. Some antioxidants found in everyday food (plants and animals produce) include Vitamins C, E, A, selenium, lutein, zeaxanthin and zinc. Studies have revealed that antioxidants are effective in managing life-threatening diseases. Little wonder they are key ingredients in supplements such as Vermilion Eye Health Jelly. This Jelly is rich in lutein, a powerful antioxidant.
Benefits of Antioxidants to the Eye
Fights related to eye diseases: Agemolecular degeneration disease is one of the leading causes of blindness and impaired eyesight. Antioxidants can delay or prevent the progression of this disease. They are also effective in curbing the diseases’ effects on the eye.
Protects the eye from harmful light: Antioxidants such as lutein and zeaxanthin protect the eyes from blue light from the sun and certain bulbs. Blue light can damage eye cells, leading to loss of vision. High levels of antioxidants in the eye retina significantly reduce this effect.
Protects against Cataracts: Cataracts are a deadly eye disease that clouds the eye and leads to visual impairment. Food rich in antioxidants like vitamin E and C prevents and slows down the progression of cataracts.
Reduces the risk of glaucoma: Research has shown that glaucoma can be prevented with antioxidants found in fruits and vegetables.
5 Sources of Antioxidants
- Fruits: Fruits are rich sources of antioxidants. These fruits include oranges, watermelon, peaches, avocado and grapefruits. They contain high levels of Vitamin C, E and A.
- Vegetables: Vegetables like spinach, tomatoes, carrot, turnip greens and so on are rich in antioxidants.
- Nuts: Walnuts, hazelnuts, Brazil and cashew nuts are a few nuts that are good for your eyes.
- Fish and Meat : Tuna, beef and poultry meat contain high amounts of antioxidants such as selenium and zinc.
- Nutritional Supplements: Processed supplements can also be great sources of antioxidants. Unfortunately, despite a large amount of eye care supplements available, only a few can be trusted to maintain a healthy eye. One trusted brand you should try is Femito (フェミート). It is a natural eye supplement rich in lutein and other substances that prevents and manages eye defects.
Finally, it is safe to say that the eye is one of the most important sense organs in the body. Hence, their functions cannot be overemphasized, so give it the care it needs; take foods and antioxidant rich supplements like Femito and you can visit them on https://www.femito.com/